Gogebic Conservation District and Gogebic County Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Enforcing Agency

Phone number: (906) 663-4512
Fax Number: ( 906) 663-4058

Hours of service: CST
Thurs and Fri
10:00AM to 4:00PM

Forester Phone number: (906) 667-1100 x632
Fax Number: ( 906) 663-4058

Hours of service: CST
Mon thru Fri
8:00AM to 4:00PM

Staff names and titles:
Jim Finley
Permitting Agent
Jim Finley


Winona Grieshop
Forestry Assistance Program (FAP) Forester

Any construction within 500 feet of any water body, or, any construction area larger than one acre in size, requires a Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Permit, before a Building Permit can be issued, as per State law.

In compliance with the State of Michigan, Part 91, NREPA, as amended, Gogebic County requires the following information and fees to be included with a complete permit application in order to obtain a Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Permit.

Complete, accurate and signed application.
Check, payable to Gogebic County, for $200.00 minimum and per acre of disturbance. In the case of pipeline or similar projects with multiple sites, $200 per qualifying site. Fees will be doubled if work begins before a Permit is issued.
Site drawing, or plan, that contains the following information (refer to the document “SESC Plan Development Guide” below):

Name and distance to nearest water body.
Short-term and long-term erosion control measures.
Slope of land and drainages, soil type and area of disturbance.
Location of buildings and any proposed structures. 

Permit Application Form

SESC Plan Development Guide

Annual Report 2018

Resource Assessment Survey

Meeting Schedule 2018

Public Speaking Request

Tree Sale Catalog

Tree Sale Order Form

Native Shrubs for Wildlife Habitat

Galerucella Beetle Info

Purple Loosestrife BioControl

PLS BioControl Reference Guide

MN DNR Biocontrol Efforts